Friday 13 June 2008

Eve's Chocolate Cake....and a pizza brag.



I love to cook things from scratch, ever since we started eating organic food I seem to have found a new love of the kitchen and fresh food. A couple of weeks ago I made pizzas (base included), I was so excited with myself that I opened a good bottle of red, rang my mum and sat down and enjoyed LOL. I just remembered I took some pics so I will include them here :=)


So backt o the title....I am always searching for recipes, so when we were in the waiting room on Tuesday I found this great looking Chocolate Cake recipe. I copied it to make myself and share with everyone. I am going to have a crack at it over the weekend, more than likely Sunday as that is my homely cooking day. I will take some pics when it's done.


Eve's Chocolate Cake:


360g bittersweet chocolate, cut into small pieces

50g soft unsalted butter

12 eggs, separated

30g Castor sugar plus 20g extra

Pinch of salt

Cocoa or shaved chocolate (yuuuum)

Whipped Cream, to serve (of course)!


Pre-heat oven to 150C. Grease a 26 cm springform tin and line with baking paper. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of hot water and stir in butter. Beat egg yolks in a medium bowl with 30g Castor sugar until thick and pale. Stir into chocolate until smooth. Beat egg whites until frothy, add salt and beat until firm peaks form. Add extra sugar and beat until firm. Beat one quarter of the whites into the chocolate mixture then fold the mixture into the remaining whites and stir until smooth. Place one quarter of the mixture in a bowl, cover and refrigerate. Spoon the remaining mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 30 mins, then press a finger in the centre, an indentation should remain. Unmould the cake onto a serving plate and cool. Spread the chilled topping. Dust with cocoa powder or top with shaved chocolate and serve with whipped cream.


Serves 4.


Sounds divine! The picture in the mag was stunning.......

2 comments:

Shaggy said...

i know this post is old but i love the look of that pizza and i also love sharing the recipes im off to write that chocolate one down. It sounds evil

Shaggy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.