Thursday 12 June 2008

The brace is back and we have our first tooth!




We spent the long weekend up at my parents on the Central Coast. It was the first time in months that Nick has had time off, we didn't even get any calls which was wonderful. We went up to attend the Christenings for my niece Ruby and Nephew Harry. Ruby is the same age as Maisie but they hadn't gotten around to having her done. The church was stunning, I believe one of the oldest Catholic churches in Australia.


We had the party back at my parents because their home is huge! It was a really wonderful day, Nick and I both crashed out after lunch, we had both eaten far too much and we had plenty of helpers to watch the girls.


I went down to Newtown on Monday and met up with some EB friends, Nadia, Pen and Christine. I decided to go child free as my mum offered to look after all 4, it was a lazy day, eating and drinking coffee and hot chocolates. Nadia and I went for a browse around Newtown after, she is local and knows all the good shops. I had to fill in time as Nick was in the city with some of our friends.


Tuesday we went to Westmead Children's Hospital for Poppy's follow-up appointment with her hips. She has been brace free for almost 3 months now. I was expecting to go in and have the xray, be given the all clear and come on home. Unfortunately that was not to be, the Dr is still not happy with her left hip, so he wants her to wear the DBB for the next six months overnight. It could have been worse, it could have been full time wear, or worse still, an operation. That's not to say I wasn't a little disappointed. We had a rough night with her the first night, yesterday I discovered burn marks/blister behind her knee where she had obviously rubbed it on the brace the night before. She slept beautifully last night but has been a little unsettled tonight. I discovered her first tooth tonight (bottom font left) as I was putting her to bed, so I think that has been a factor in her unsettled behaviour.


I have taken a couple of pics of the new (custom made) brace (DBB). It's no where near as annoying as the pavlik and goes over her clothes, which is a bonus!
I have put an extra pic in because Tanya wanted to see her new Noddy PJs!!!

No comments: