Wednesday 18 June 2008

Another Day Another Cake....


I must confess, with all my good intentions on the weekend, I failed to live up to expectations...I didn't make that yummy looking chocolate cake from an earlier post. My sister reads this blog regularly, rang yesterday to check if I had made it LOL. I have the 12 eggs ready to go, I just need to be in the mood, it looks like it requires some love and effort to make.

It's just Poppy and I here today, so I have been busy rearranging this office. Nick set it up originally, now that he is never in here and I'm running the business on my own, I thought it needed the girl touch. The view to the girls room, which is straight of this is better. I also got rid of a set of shelves, which makes the room so much more open.

So to reward my hard efforts I got out a little recipe book that was put together by my work a few years ago. It's a little beauty!

I am yet to try this (it's in the oven as I type). I will take some pics when it is complete, I'm making a nice dinner for Nick and I tonight (chicken Kiev) so this will go down a treat for dessert!

Toffee-Butter-Honey Cake
2 Cups self raising flour
pinch salt
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup of milk (I used more)

Topping
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup margarine
125g honey
2 tablespoons water
125g coconut

Place flour, salt, sugar, eggs, margarine and milk in mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed for 3 minutes. Spread into a greased 28 x 18cm tin. Bake at 190 for 30 - 35 minutes.


Topping
Boil together sugar, margarine, honey and water until lightly coloured, add coconut. Spread over warm cake and place back in oven for 5 mins. Serve warm, cut into slices. You might like to make one more of the topping than the recipe says to - it is yummy!

Why that you to the person I work with who contributed this fine recipe. I think I will reheat the cake tonight in the microwave and make the sauce then.

No comments: