Monday 15 January 2007

This Week's Book......














This week were are reading the classic fairy tale Cinderella. I loved this book as a child. I have never read this to the girls so it will be interesting to see if they know the story. I am sure they have been exposed to many fairy tales at preschool.
Nick and I have set time aside each night for Sophie and Jess to do some homework. We hope this will get them in good habits before they start school next year. They will be younger for their year so we want to give them as much help as we can. I do believe they will be more than ready to start school. The time each night is spent reading and writing and playing a special education game Nick bought the other day. It's a little like twister and helps them with getting to know lefts and rights.
I plan to have a 'book of the week' starting each Monday.

I have taken some pictures of the book for you all to enjoy. Unfortunately the pictures do the book no justice. The book itself is Circa 1947. I am a keen collector of vintage children's books.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing looking book! I adore vintage children's books as well. Just lovely!

Modern Parents Vintage Ways said...

Stay tunned there will be more in the future. I have a pretty good collection.

The girls are getting old enough now to appreciate a nice book and listen to the story.

Thanks for taking the time to look and make a comment.

Belinda

Anonymous said...

Gawd B,

That brought back memories I'm convinced I used to have a book like that when I was younger - a real dejavu moment looking at those pics!!

Domestic Adventuress said...

That's a totally gorgeous book! And well done for getting yourselves ready for school so early! In my experience, most of the homework done in junior school is 90% done by parents so it's great to get prepared and find time in your routine :).

Anonymous said...

Nice selection there B!

Sounds like the girls are getting older already! Maisie will soon be able to listen as well!

Modern Parents Vintage Ways said...

Thanks for the comments. I really love feedback.

The book for this week will be up in the next couple of days. A classic book. But our version is pretty new. One of Jessie's favourites.

Maisie really loves having books read to her. She also adores us singing to her.