Friday 26 January 2007

A few of Sophie's favourite things.......























Sophie a hoarder of junk like my mother. She has many favourite items. Some of which are rather quirky. I have taken some pics of a couple of them as there are too many for one post.

I will start with the wardrobe. I have bought Sophie many nice things and hand made some very nice things. But good old Sophie will always go back to the same few items she loves to wear. I was the same as a child. A complete dag. Included in these favourite things are: three brown skirts, a pink dress with an embroidered miss Polly, a butterfly t-shirt and her 'sparkly jeans'. She also loves her pink Clarke's sandals. She wears these with knee high socks pulled up. I wonder if she will remember these items when she reads this diary in 20 years time.

A few of her favourite toys are: Rosie the doll (grandma picked up at a fete), brown doggy (which belonged to me as a child), squeaky doll (another bought at a fete and has a bad arm that squeaks) and a fairy doll mum bought her for using the toilet. All but one of these toys are second hand. Why is it that children love pre-loved toys so much. I have bought her some beautiful toys but she always goes back to these.

She also has a little note book for drawing in.

Sophie has several fairy dress up outfits which she loves to dress up in.
Sophie's favourite movie is BMX Bandits. I have no idea why. She calls it the 'Bike Movie'. I am pretty sure it was one Nick picked up cheap and played it one day. For anyone who doesn't know it was a classic kids movie from the 80s. One of the main character is played by Nicole Kidman. I think most children from the 80s pretended they were a BMX bandit at one point. I know I did.
It will be interesting to see how her habits progress as she grows. I love the fact she can take an old biscuit box and make it into something using her imagination. I will never need to spend much money on her. She is more than happy to make do with things around the home. Or bought at fete's by her grandmothers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.