Saturday 22 November 2008

A new handbag for me......

It was my birthday the other day and my mum gave me some money. I decided to get a pair of shoes and a new handbag. The shoes were easy because I knew what I wanted....it was a great surprise when they scanned for much less than the original price...gotta love all these sales with the world financial crisis, well it is one good thing to come out of it, right? **opps**

So I decided to buy a new handbag with the remaining money, the same afternoon that I bought the shoes I dragged all four girls around the shopping centre to no avail....actually we lost Poppy's beloved dummy chain with the two dummies attached, which I talked about in an earlier post hehe.

Today I decided to venture out once again, I had some ideas of what I wanted, I prefer red and brown bags, preferably with no 'brand' showing...for example, 'Jag' urgh! I found a perfect bag, but it had this 'Jag' badge on it! I actually found this one in the first shop Jess and I went into. Of course there were plenty of perfect bags but they had a price tag of $500 plus....unfortunately that was price was not in my budget this time ;) Even though Nick has a business bag worth more nah, nah, nah :)

So Jess and I wondered from shop to shop, looking, looking **sigh**. I promised Jess a 'treat' at the end of our trip, so that was making the adventure more bearable. I actually like to take one of the older girls shopping with me, as I feel naked going on my own. So we walked around Civic, inside and outside in the freezing cold (can someone please remind me that we are a week off summer).....

I think we wondered around for about three hours and I had given up! We were on our way to get something for Jess from Michel's Patisserie, but decided to pop into Target on our way there. We walked down to the bag section and would you believe, there was the most perfect red medium sized bag sitting right there in front of me. The original price was $40, which is pretty cheap, but it had been marked down to $12!!!! I still have money left, I might buy a book LOL.......

Who would have thought!

Perhaps next year Nick can buy me the $500 bag ;)

2 comments:

brazen's crafts said...

that's a bit spooky - i took emelia out shopping yesterday. we were gone for over 4 hours (she was perfectly behaved the whole time, til we got home again *sigh*) we were looking for shoes for her - no luck - but we bought shoes for me lol and i was also looking for a new handbag but had no luck! (i did find shoes but now i've worn them for a short while around the house i realise they are no good :()

Modern Parents Vintage Ways said...

Haha - How funny! Well not about your shoes being no good :(...I haven't used my $12 bag yet, perhaps it will be no good too rofl!