Sunday 21 December 2008

OMG!!!!














I had a discussion with my friend today about the use of 'OMG' when chatting online or using forums. I must admit I do use it a lot, it's a good way to express my feelings, when I cannot be physically seen. I do not actually say 'Oh my God' out loud when talking in real life...well maybe I do sometimes hehe...but not to the extent that I do in the online. So after having this discussion and a few chuckles I went out for a shopping trip. I actually had a few OMG moments and believe me, I was saying 'Oh my God' in my head many times. I decided to head out and get one last present for Sophie. I went out to get it yesterday, but typical me got sidetracked talking to people at the markets, so I ran out of time!

The place I went to is about a half hour drive from our place, it's almost across the other side of Canberra. I was driving along this ridiculous road that our local government started to build a few years ago and, it's still being built due to stuff up after stuff up...**sigh** that is another post. Anyway, I took a stupid wrong turn, I was kind of vagued out listening to the radio and enjoying the drive. I ended out at the cemetery, so turned around and got back onto the ridiculous road......I then missed another turn off, so had to keep travelling along the one lane......I kept driving and missed another!!!!! Yes, I admit it was driver stupidity, but the stupid road did not help. I finally got the chance to turn around and head back in the direction that was intended, I probably added an extra 20 minutes onto my trip...thank god for some good tunes on the radio, which I played loud. I am embarrassed to say, the Spice Girls came on and that got pumped up really loud LOL. So during that time there were several 'OMGs' going on in my head.


I finally made it to my destination, and was able to get the present for Sophie. I decided to pop my head into another shop on the way back to the car. As soon as I walked through the door and 'OMG' a beautiful bag caught my eye. As you know from a previous post I have been on the look out for a nice bag, and I am pretty fussy! I quickly sent N a text to see what he thought....I seriously could not walk away without buying this bag. It's just delicious, practical and so me :)


I then went into the city...I didn't have any 'OMG' moments on the way. But I stopped and bought myself a coffee and went outside to sit on my own and soak up the peace and quiet. As it happened a little boy around Maisie's age sitting close by with his mum decided he liked me more and wanted to sit there with me. I swear, I can't get away from kids, no matter how hard I try.


As I sign off, I just had another 'OMG' moment by forgetting about the chocolate I had melting in the kitchen LOL.


Belinda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the bag Bel it is so you - wish the first photo was a little clearer though!

Hope you had a lovely Christmas - looks like you did with your gorgeous photos. I didn't even pick up the fact that you used a GHD on Maisie.......I'm sure I could get you into quite a lot of trouble for doing that on EB ha ha!!! Seriously you are so right about having 4 healthy kids - we are all truly blessed that's for sure to have good health! PSML at kids being attracted to you too - I have a feeling more little boys will be wanting to sit with you and your gorgeous girls as time goes by lol!!

Ziz xxx