Sunday 11 January 2009

Happy New Year...


As I sit here and reflect on the last few weeks, I realise how special and nice my time away was.....


A happy belated new year to anyone reading. We had a pretty quiet NYE in Tamworth, which was really nice. We went for a drive at about 1030pm to see if there was any action on the main street, we were disappointed to find the place dead :( Actually I lie..I was somewhat relived as I feared we would be mugged cruising in my husbands brother Tim's 4WD BMW hehe...Tamworth is a nice town and I enjoyed my time there, we had some really nice dinners out on MIL balcony overlooking the town. I probably had one too many wines some nights, but and managed to write a reasonable essay during the stay. MIL was really great and SFIL is just gorgeous.


We left the twins there and headed to the coast north of Sydney to leave the two little girls with my parents. We jumped on a train and headed to Sydney for our 5 day stay with no kids! The train trip was wonderful and relaxing, I think as soon as we arrived we both had a long sleep...We didn't stay in Double Bay as we had planned as a place came up in the city for $79 per night, with pool, spa, gym etc. The location was superb and the views from our place on the 47th floor were spectacular. We spent the 2nd day at the cricket, my husband has membership so we had very good seats. I was one of the very few women there that day and enjoyed it very much. I had some very interesting young lawyers sitting next to me and I had some funny conversations with them as one of them had a wife just about due to give birth. The general vibe that day was really amazing! We went out for Thai that night and crashed....The following day I spent locked in my room finishing the essay that was due the following morning! To reward myself we went down to Newtown and met some friends at The Bank Hotel and had Thai again, the restaurant was amazing and the food was to die for. I highly recommend it to anyone in the area or who may be visiting.


The next day I met up with a couple of different friends in Newtown and made a visit down to the Rocks to pop into my favourite bookshop and the bakery on the main street. I really enjoyed this day because it gave me that mental break I have been craving for such a long time. The following day I went to the cricket again because a good friend and her partner met us there. It was a nice day, the afternoon session was spent in a bar at the back of the members stand with my girlfriend while the boys watched the cricket LOL.


The time away was great. I did most of the things I wanted to do, I got to shop, drink, swim, meet friends and relax....what more could you want!


I will sign off with a pic I took of Poppy earlier. She is going through a gorgeous phase of bringing things from around the house for me to put on her. Her favourite thing to do right now is wear the girls play aprons and random bibs. The one she brought in here tonight makes me wonder if she can actually read LOL...she has been keeping us up in the early hours of the morning as she is getting all her teeth at once and she has a little cold. My mum actually co-slept with her a few times while she stayed with them rofl....Anyway look closely at the bib, it's hilarious :)



B

No comments: