Saturday 31 May 2008

A Pretend Ball!






The girls were given some party dresses for Christmas from their grandma d'oh, d'oh. She bought them in America as she was there over Thanksgiving. We don't take the girls out for dinner, but often have special dinners at home. A couple of weeks ago Nick and I visited a wonderful Italian restaurant down the road at Kingston, we talked about taking them all to nice places in a few years. I think if we took them to a place like now we would look like freaks!!!


Nick is away a lot for work these days, when he is in town he is working long hours (god love him), the girls miss him dearly, so I try to cook special meals and deserts. Tonight I thought it might be nice to pretend we were attending a ball and get dressed up. Before I served up dinner we quickly popped out the back for some photos. I must have accidentally moved a setting on my camera because it's not taking the best photos. I managed to put a few together out of the the hundreds I took.


If anyone reads this who is a photographer please feel free to make some suggestions. My camera is a Cannon 400D...it might be the shutter speed. When I take a pic it makes a different noise and doesn't take the shot straight away, kind of stalls for a couple of seconds?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous dresses Bel, I love what you did for the girls I'm sure they had an absolute ball!!! Z