Friday 19 October 2007

She can grow up now.....

Newborns are only newborns for such a short period. I wanted to capture that moment with Poppy because I know she will be my last and we have been in a better position to do something like this. I kind of felt guilty that I hadn't taken many pictures of the pregnancy. We have been extremely busy with our business and life in general. So much so that the whole pregnancy felt like a blur. There were a few times during the pregnancy when I had some down moments because I felt guilty for not having appreciated it as much as I could have. When I look back at it now I don't know where the time went.

All of these things made me determined to have something special done for Poppy once she made her entrance into the world. Now for those who know me would know that of course I left it to the last minute to organise. I had picked out the photographer a few weeks before I was due but never got around to ringing her. In fact I think Poppy was about a week old before I finally got around to it. They say to have these types of photos done in the first two weeks to capture the newborn look. They are still floppy and sleepy. Lisa who I wanted to use was very busy but managed to squeeze us in when Poppy was just short of three weeks old.

I was really excited about having this done and when I met Lisa I knew I was in for a fun morning. In her blog entry she describes it all very well. I plan to take all four girls there in a few months time. I am yet to see all the images but I am certain they will be beautiful. Lisa sent me a sneak peek look at three of the images in an entry on her blog. I am absolutely wrapped with them. I can't stop opening her entry to just sit and stare at them. I am in love.

Now that this moment has been captured forever she can grow up........................................

No comments: